Our Earth Day celebration was a fabulous success this year! The students enjoyed themselves and were educated on the many ways to protect the Earth. A big shout out to our Garden Club leaders, parent leaders, and teachers for their commitment to Mother Earth and the important role of educating others on protecting our environment.
Month of the Military Child
Thank you to everyone who participated in the obstacle course last week during recess, the students loved the event! This week we have “Crazy Camo” spirit day on Friday and all of our military students will be receiving a purple bracelet.
APEX Fun Run
Don’t forget to join us this Thursday, April 26 for our first Apex Fun Run at Camarena. Students are learning about the traits of leaderships each day leading up to the run on Thursday. Your child’s classroom teacher will be posting updates each day and you can also find additional information here.
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, April 23, 2018: Robo Rally (8:15 a.m.)/Local Measures Testing Window Opens
- Tuesday, April 24, 2018: Student of the Month Assembly K-2 (8:30 a.m.)/Dr. Escobedo Visits (10:00 a.m.)/Coed Soccer Team vs. CVLCC @ Camarena Elementary (4:00 p.m.)/PTA General Meeting (6:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018: Coed Basketball Team vs. Heritage Hawks @ Winding Walk Park(4:00 p.m.)Incoming Kinder DI Parent Informational Meeting in Media Center (5:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, April 26, 2018: APEX Run/Coed Soccer Team vs. Finney Bulldogs @ Camarena Elementary (4:00 p.m.)
- Friday, April 27, 2018: “Crazy Camo” Spirit Day/Student of the Month Assembly 3rd-6th (8:30 a.m.)
- April 30: Incoming Kinder Testing
- April 30-May 4: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 7:CAASPP Testing Begins
Check-out our learning from last week!
Our state and local testing start on Monday, April 23rd. We know parents play a critical role in helping children prepare for these tests by ensuring each child attends school every day, eats a healthy breakfast, gets sufficient sleep, and is encouraged to relax and do their best! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding end of year testing at Camarena.
We are midway through our major fundraiser of the year! The students are loving the insightful leadership lessons in the classrooms and enjoy having the Apex team on campus. We are working toward our school wide goal and need everyone’s help in order to reach it. Anyone can make a pledge on www.apexfunrun.com with your student’s access code.
Pledge Per Lap means that a dollar amount is pledged for every lap that a student completes at the Apex Fun Run (between 26-36 laps, no more than 36). If a student is absent or unable to run at the fun run, they will be counted at 30 laps.
A Simple Donation means that a flat amount of money is pledged regardless of how many laps run. For example, you can pledge $30 simple donation and no matter what amount of the laps the student runs the total payment will remain $30.
When’s the fun run, when’s the money due, may I write a check?
The Apex Fun Run is on Thursday, April 26th. We love to have parents come out and cheer on the students as they run the Apex Track! The times for the runs are as followed:
8:30-9:30 5th– 6th
9:30-10:30 3rd– 4th
10:30-11:30 1st– 2nd
Pledge payments are due by Friday, April 27th. Please make checks payable to Enrique S. Camarena PTA.
We are hopeful that we can hit our school goal and we would love to see you at the Apex Fun Run this coming Thursday!
As first-time entrepreneur students, we want to express our sincere thanks and great appreciation to everyone who came to support us at our businesses during the fair. Camarena Robo Griffins really came out in full force to go shopping and we couldn’t be more grateful. Your show of support meant everything to us!