Greetings and Happy Summer!
Last Week the CVESD approved our LCAP plan for the coming school year and that plan includes a litany of benefits to our Camarena community. Here are the new materials and resources that your children will enjoy during the next school year:
Curriculum and Instruction
1. Library Materials. Every school will get $5K for books and DI schools will get an additional $5K for Spanish books.
2. Library Technology Technician (LTT) The district will fund more time for our LTT so that we have our librarian full-time, five days a week.
2. ELA Gap Materials – We will get money in English ($15K) and Spanish ($3K) to support Language Arts while we await adoption of new ELA materials in 17-18.
3. Go Math Textbook Purchase. This will be used to supplement our Eureka Math instructional materials.
4. Achieve 3000 – This will be purchased for every student in Grades 3-6. It is a tool to increase students’ access to non-fiction text.
5. SIPPS Training and materials for all teaches in Grades K-2. This is a reading intervention to support students not yet reading at grade level.
6. Resource Teacher – The Resource Teacher position will continue to be funded to provide support and coaching for instructional improvement.
7. GATE certification for teachers – The district is offering GATE certification for all teachers. Teachers who are currently in Grades 4-6 will have the priority since they provide direct services to GATE students.
8. Extended Day Tutoring will continue for students who are below grade level in reading.
9. Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) Teachers for collaboration. We will hire 6 full-time VAPA positions that we will share with Hedenkamp Elementary , which means every student will get 1/2 day of arts instruction every other week for the entire school year. Here are the positions we posted:
Digital Media Arts (2)
We will use site budget or PTA money to purchase class sets of recorders, xylophones, and boomwhackers. What are boomwhackers you ask?
10. Lenovo Tablets – We are getting 150 Lenovo Yoga machines each of the next 4 years.
Social and Emotional Wellness
1. Social Worker on campus 2 hours/week (She also will have an intern for 8 hours/week). These folks will work with target students needing counseling services that can be provided both in class and via pull out.
2. Attendance Health – We received this 3 hour clerical support last year and it will continue to help us support the attendance and health needs of our 1050 students.
So enjoy those lovely days of summer in San Diego and rest assured that the CVESD is busily getting ready for a spectacular 2015-16 school year.
Sorry for that little mixup. Here is the link of the Hanover Survey for parents. And, here is an explanation of the purpose and nature of this yearly survey.
We want to inform you that we will be conducting an online parent survey starting on Wednesday, March 4th, 2015 through Friday, March 20th, 2015.
With this survey, we hope to learn more about your experiences and your child(ren’s) experiences at school during this school year with teachers, administrators, students, and other District staff. All responses are anonymous and will never be connected to you – your answers will be kept strictly confidential. Reporting will rely on grouped percentages only.
If both parents/guardians in a household would like to take the survey, that is fine. However, we ask that each adult only take the survey once, and do so by March 20th, 2015. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the survey, please contact the District’s Operations Department at (619) 425-9600, ext. 1325.
Click on a link below or cut and paste into your browser to complete the parent survey:
Parent survey link: http://sgiz.mobi/s3/3b0d75adc92b
Thank you in advance for your input.
For the 2015-16 school year, the Chula Vista Elementary School District will be choosing a new textbook adoption for mathematics. Teachers and administrators are currently reviewing the options and parents are encouraged to review and comment on this choice. Here is the criteria that we are using to determine which textbook option will provide the best support for our students.
Here are links to the various textbook companies for you to review. We welcome your input and encourage you to share your top choices in the survey at the bottom of this post.
We have samples of 4 of these 5 offerings available to preview in our Library Media Center. All parents are welcome to take a look and provide input and suggestions.
Some of you may have seen a flyer about an offer for Office 365 for every student. You can get the details on our CVESD website to obtain the following offer:
5 installations of the full versions of Microsoft Office:
Office 2013 ProPlus for PC running Win7 and above
Office 2011 for Mac
5 activations of Office Mobile:
Office for iPad with full editing rights (iTunes download)
Office for iPhone (iTunes download)
Office for Android (Google Play download)
1 Terabyte of OneDrive cloud storage as their ‘Digital Locker’
50 gigabyte mailbox
Office Online, the browser-based version of Office for co-authoring and collaboration
Various collaboration and communication tools between teachers and students
Once again, go to this link to learn more. Enjoy
Greetings Parents: You have three more days to complete the Hanover surveys. These annual events help us find out what’s working and what we can do better at Camarena and the CVESD.