End of Year Testing
All of our 3rd, 4th, and 6th grade students have completed the CAASPP testing. We are very proud of their concentration, focus, and stamina throughout the entire week. Our 5th grade students will be taking the pilot test for the California Science Test on Monday and Tuesday this week. We will continue with make-ups for those who were absent last week and/or need additional time to complete the CAASPP tests.
Our annual proof of residency for returning students begins Wednesday, May 23 and ends on Friday, May 30. All bills used to prove residency must have a due date of May 23rd or later. Our office will be open extended hours to accept documents on Thursday, May 24, 2018. Please review the flyer for more information. Please call our office at (619)591-5500 if you have any questions regarding the required information.
This Friday, May 25 @ 8:30 a.m. we will be having our last ELAC meeting of the year in our multi-purpose room. Please join us to learn about how to help your child with their learning over the summer. We look forward to seeing you all there!
We need your input again please. We hope all parents will participate. Topics on this important survey include school appearance, finances, technology, instruction, as well as attitudes about safety, transportation, climate and communication. Please make every effort to fill out this very important survey. Each year, we analyze the results of the survey. Your opinions count and we will thoughtfully and purposefully take your ideas to make our school a better place for children.
As you are aware, the Camarena community recently took part in an online learning process called Thoughtexchange to help inform our academic priorities. The thoughts and priorities have been reviewed and now want to share the results with you. You can view the results on the below provided website to learn about the top priorities for Camarena and the top priorities of the District. The information will allow us to make informed decisions regarding .Thank you to all who have contributed to the success of Camarena and District. Your participation in the process was invaluable.
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, May 21, 2018: Robo Rally (8:15 a.m.)/5th Grade CAST Testing/CAASPP Make-up Testing
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018: 5th Grade CAST Testing/Student of the Month Assembly K-2 (8:30 a.m.)/DAC/DELAC Meeting (12:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018: Student of the Month Assembly 3-6 (8:30 a.m.)/Fifth Grade Musical “Going West” (5:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, May 24, 2018: Sixth Grade Awards Ceremony (8:30a.m.)/CVESD Sports Awards in MPR (6:00 p.m.)
- Friday, May 25, 2018: Volunteer Tea (7:45 a.m.)/ELAC Meeting (8:30 am)
- May 28: Memorial Day-No School
- May 30: Variety Show Performances for Students @ Camarena
- May 30: Kickball Students vs. Staff
- June 1: Last Day of School for Students
- June 1: Sixth Grade Promotion at Eastlake Church