Jump Rope for Heart
It takes heart to be a hero! Our students will be Heart Heroes as they Jump Rope for Heart on February 2 on the blacktop. Our students will jump rope to raise funds for the American Heart Association. We hoping to reach our $100,000 mark this year. The top two fundraisers will get to throw a pie in Mr. Strout and Mrs. Williamson’s face, so keep campaigning throughout the week. Mr. Strout even said he would sleep on the roof if we raised $30,000 this year. Let’s go Robos! Also, everyone is encouraged to wear red on February 2nd to encourage healthy lifestyles for a healthy heart! Please wear red and join us for Jump Rope for Heart on February 2nd.
ELPAC Test Informational Meeting
Is your child an English Language Learner? Did you know that the CELDT test is no longer being utilized to assess students proficiency in English? This year there is a new test being administered for our students. If you would like to know more about the English Language Proficiency Assessment for California (ELPAC) , please join us for an informational meeting at Wolf Canyon on Tuesday, January 30 at 8:30 a.m. This will be our monthly ELAC meeting for January and Emma Sanchez from the Language Acquisition Department will be presenting and sharing information on the new assessment. We hope to see you there!
Coffee with the Principal
You are invited to attend “Coffee with the Principal” this Wednesday, January 31st from 8:30 – 9:30 am in our multipurpose room. This will be an open forum for you to ask questions and learn more about our school and your child’s education. Mr. Strout will be sharing information regarding the “Welcoming Schools” initiative among other topics of interest for our school community. We hope you will be able to join us.
It is hard to believe that it is already time to begin planning for registration for the 2018-2019 school year! Please let your friends and neighbors know that kindergarten registration packets will be available for pick up on Wednesday, February 7th. Kindergarten Registration packets will be accepted on Wednesday, February 21st. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding registration for the 2018 -2019 school year.
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, January 29, 2018: Speech Contest at Camarena (8:30 a.m.)/Camarena Night at Macaroni Grill
- Tuesday, January 30, 2018: ELAC Meeting on ELPAC Testing at Wolf Canyon/Student of the Month Assembly K-2 (8:30 a.m.)
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018: Coffee with the Principal (8:30 a.m.)
- Friday,February 2, 2018: Weekly Walk to School at Guadalupe and Crossroads (7:55 a.m.)/Jump Rope for Heart /Student of the Month Assembly 3rd-6th (8:30 a.m.)/Camarena Girls Basketball Team vs. Feaster Eagles 1 at Chula Vista High School (4:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, February 3, 2018: District Spelling Bee at Olympic View Elementary
- February 5-9: 6th Grade Camp
- February 5-9: ELPAC Testing for 5th Grade
- February 7: Variety Show Auditions for (K-3)
- February 9: Variety Show Auditions for (4-6)
- February 13: Spring Pictures
- February 13: DAC/DELAC Meeting
Check out our learning from last week!