Character Counts Theme of the Month
Our character counts theme for the month of November is collaboration. Collaboration is an important life skill that can be utilized in a variety of professional settings and with friend. It is one of the top 3 skills employers look for in possible candidates. It is a skill that requires much practice to perfect and there are a variety of ways to improve on collaborating with others. Our teachers provide a multitude of opportunities to work with others and teach our students how to work through conflict with others. Some strategies to extend at home in developing the skill of collaboration is to teach our students how to ask questions, focus on conflict/resolution with others, and communicate the importance of taking on the perspective of problem solving in all of life’s challenges.
Federel Survey Cards
Every student received a yellow Federal Survey Card in the past week. Please complete the yellow form as soon as possible and return to your child’s teacher. The survey helps all schools qualify for Federal Impact Aid. We greatly appreciate your participation in filling out this important survey.
BOGO Book Fair
Our buy one, get one free Scholastic Book Fair is open all this week in the multi-purpose room. Be sure to stop by before or after school to review the selection. Books make great gifts for the upcoming season and a means to continue to instill the love of literacy in our Robos.
A Season of Gratitude
As the holiday season is on the horizon, you may have noticed a multitude of opportunities to give back to the community and help other sin need. Please be sure to review the posts from the past week to learn about how you can give back to our local communities. This includes the Canned Food Drive and Holiday Toy Drive.
Don’t forget to order your Jingle Gram by Friday, November 17. The order forms can be downloaded by clicking on the link here to the post.
Military Game Night
Don’t forget to join us for Military Family Game Night this Thursday, November 9 at 6:00 p.m. in the multi-purpose room. We will be providing food, Bingo games, and board games for families to enjoy.
Veteran’s Day Observed
Thank you to all our military families for serving our country. School will be closed on November 10, 2017 in observance of Veterans’ day. This day is dedicated to the Veterans’ who have served our country. Because of our Veterans’ past and present, we remain “Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.”
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, November 6, 2017: BOGO Book Fair Begins in MRP/Robo Rally (8:15 a.m.)
- Wednesday, November 8, 2017:Dr. Escobedo Visits (10:00 a.m.)/ School Site Council in Media Center (3:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, November 9, 2017: BOGO Book Fair Ends in MRP/Weekly Walk to School at Kestrel Falls & Exploration Falls (7:50 a.m.)/Flag Football Game vs. Kellogg @ Kellogg Cougars (4:00 p.m.)/Military Family Game Night (6:00 p.m.)
- Friday, November 10, 2017: Veteran’s Day Observed-No School
- November 14- DAC/DELAC Meeting
- November 17-Weekly Walk to School at Crossroads & Sweet Sage
- November 17-Reclassification Ceremony
- November 20-24– Thanksgiving Break
We never stop learning at Camarena, check it out here!