Pastries for Parents
We are looking forward to opening our classrooms to our parents for Pastries for Parents. All parents will have an opportunity to visit their child’s classroom at the start of the school day at 8: 15 a.m. on Monday, October 16. Before and after the classroom visits, be sure to stop by the multi-purpose room for delicious treats and an opportunity to dialogue with Principal Strout. See you all on Monday at 7: 45 a.m.
For the remainder of the month of October, we will be partnering with 4 other CVESD schools to collect items to distribute to homeless individuals suffering in our area. We are asking you to consider sending in donations of granola bars with your child. Your generosity would go a very long way for us as a school to build a bridge of hope and support for those that are less fortunate. It will help us to teach our children the importance of giving.
Don’t forget to joins us for our first military mingle will take place on Friday, October 20 at 7:45 a.m. We welcome all our military families to join us at 7: 45 a.m. to learn about all the resources and programs we have available for our military families. This is also a great opportunity to meet other families and find out about all the great events we have planned for this year.
Would you like to know more about how you can support your child at home? If you haven’t before, please attend our ELAC meeting on Friday. We will discuss some of the resources available to support your child and their learning at home. The school and parent partnership is essential to each child’s success and we hope to see you Friday at 8:30 a.m. in the Media Center.
Red Ribbon Week
Mark your calendars now for Camarena’s Red Ribbon Week. The week of October 23-27 will be the time for us to celebrate and honor own school hero, Enrique S. Camarena. More information on the daily events will be available later this week.
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, October 16, 2017: Pastries for Parents/Coffee with the Principal (7: 45 a.m.)/Robo Rally (8:15 a.m.)
- Tuesday, October 17, 2017: DAC/DELAC Meeting (12:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, October 19, 2017: Weekly Walk to School at Morning Star and Winding Walk (7:55 a.m.)/California Great Shakeout (10:19 a.m.)
- Friday, October 20, 2017: Military Mingle (7: 45 a.m.)/ELAC Meeting in Media Center (8:30 a.m.)/Flag Football Game vs. Casillas Comets @ Casillas (4:00 p.m.)
- October 23-27-Red Ribbon Week
- October 23– “No Bully Zone” Assembly
- October 23-Weekly Walk to School at Guadalupe and Crossroads
- November 9– Military Mingle
Check-out #camlearns this past week!