Monthly Archive: October 2017
UPDATED DATE & TIME FOR EVENTS
Please note that we have changed the dates of our events this week. There were some conflicting dates with teacher trainings, so we had to postpone Pastries for Parents until Monday, October 16. Coffee with the Principal will coincide with our Pastries for Parents event. In addition, we have moved our Military Mingle from Friday, October 13 to Friday, October 20. We look forward to seeing all of you at our upcoming events.
3RD ANNUAL PARENT ACADEMY
Don’t miss out on this great learning opportunity! Please register for our exciting parent learning opportunity today! Learn about tools, strategies, and resources to support your child’s success in school. Sessions will include Math, Writing, Reading, ELD, Technology, Health and Wellness, VAPA and more. Breakfast will be provided for all. Childcare will be provided to the first 100 children that are enrolled. Our district’s Parent Academy is happening on Saturday, October 14 at Hedenkamp Elementary from 7:30-12:00. To register please go to http://www.cvesdparentacademy.com or call 425-9600 Ext. 1520.
Our first military mingle will take place on Friday, October 20 at 7:45 a.m. We welcome all our military families to join us at 7: 45 a.m. to learn about all the resources and programs we have available for our military families. This is also a great opportunity to meet other families and find out about all the great events we have planned for this year.
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, October 9, 2017 : Weekly Walk to School at Crossroads and Sweet Sage (7:55 a.m.)/Robo Rally (8:15 a.m.)
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017: Picture Day Make-ups/PTA Executive Board Meeting (6:30 p.m.)
- Saturday, October 14, 2017: Parent Academy at Hedenkamp (7:30 a.m.)
- October 16-Pastries for Parents/Coffee with the Principal
- October 17-DAC/DELAC Meeting
- October 19-Weekly Walk to School at Morningstar & Winding Walk (7:55 a.m.)
- October 19-California Great Shakeout
- October 20-Military Mingle
- October 23-27-Red Ribbon Week
Check-out #camlearns this past week!
We all want to welcome back our students and families to the Fall Quarter of 2017. As we start the new quarter, we have new beginnings with our completion of our 700 building for our 2nd grade students. The multi-purpose room will be available for use and the finishing touches are being finalized. The Fall Quarter is always very busy with many activities, so we encourage all our families and students to check our blog frequently.
School begins on Tuesday, October 3. Please remember that it will be a full day of learning for all students. 1st – 6th grade students begin promptly at 8:15 am and will be dismissed at 2:30 pm. All kindergarten students will attend from 8:15 am to 2:45 pm. We look forward to seeing all our Robos on Tuesday!
Character Counts Theme
The Character Counts theme for the month of October is responsibility. The theme of responsibility and being responsible are evident in daily interactions in our community and with our peers. Please take the time to speak with your child about what it means to be responsible at home and school. Teachers will be spending time throughout the month highlighting “Responsible Robos.”
Please register for our exciting parent learning opportunity today! Learn about tools, strategies, and resources to support your child’s success in school. Sessions will include Math, Writing, Reading, ELD, Technology, Health and Wellness, VAPA and more. Breakfast will be provided for all. Childcare will be provided to the first 100 children that are enrolled. Our district’s Parent Academy is coming on Saturday, October 14 at Hedenkamp Elementary from 7:30-12:00. To register please go to http://www.cvesdparentacademy.com or call 425-9600 Ext. 1520.
Red Ribbon Week
Mark your calendars now for Camarena’s Red Ribbon Week. The week of October 23-27 will be the time for us to celebrate and honor own school hero, Enrique S. Camarena. More information on the daily events will be available soon.
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, October 2, 2017 : No School
- Tuesday, October 3, 2017: Students Return for a Full Day of Learning/Robo Rally (8:15 a.m.)
- Thursday, October 5, 2017: SSC Meeting (3:00 p.m.)
- Friday, October 6, 2017: Weekly Walk to School (Kestrel Falls & Exploration Falls)
- October 10-Picture Day Make-ups
- October 10-Coffee with the Principal
- October 12-Pastries for Parents
- October 13-Military Mingle
- October 14-Parent Academy at Hedenkamp
#Camlearns never stops learning!