Monthly Archive: September 2016
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, September 12, 2016 : Grandparents Day (7:30 am)/Book Fair Begins
- Wednesday, September 14, 2016: 6th Grade Fundraiser at Project Pie
- Thursday, September 15, 2016: Smoothie Sales After-School/Mexican Fiesta (2: 30 pm-5:00 pm)
- Friday, September 16, 2016: Book Fair Ends
- September 19-30-Fall Break
- October 4-Students Return for a Full Day of Learning
Check out our learning for the week!
We are still looking for volunteers to assist with our book fair this week. If you are interested in volunteering please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Below you will find the hours of book fair for this week.
As we kicked-off our parent conferences on Thursday, we are excited to share our students successes and areas of growth. We are posting a few possible resources and talking points to have available as you meet your child’s teacher. Included in the electronic files are actions to take before, during and after the conferences. In addition, there are tips on types of questions to ask your child at home about reading. As the first teacher of our children, these resources can be revisited throughout the year and over the breaks to keep our students’ brains active.
Furthermore, if your child has a primary language other than English, there are resources to assist in understanding how to best support our students and areas to discuss with your child’s teacher on their language development. The resources are in both English and Spanish.