Monthly Archive: July 2016
Reminder: there’s only a few days remaining to sign up for 6 months free for Google Express!
Raise money for our PTA simply by trying Google Express, for free. Google Express delivers everyday items from your favorite stores like Costco, Target, and Smart & Final, overnight. Google Express will donate $15 to Camarena PTA for every person that signs up for a free 6-month membership trial with our school’s promo code and makes their first purchase.
PROMO CODE: ENRIQUE
Sign up for a 6 month trial of Google Express Delivery
At Camarena, we have all been working together as a team to teach our Robo Griffins to be respectable, responsible, and safe. We have an amazing group of students and we are looking forward to a full-week of learning this week. Please ensure your child arrives on time each day at 8:15 a.m.
Our PTA meeting last week was a success, please be sure to join us again on August 23, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. You can also join our PTA and/or make a donation by visiting our PTA page under the tab “PTA.”
- August 8: CELDT Testing for 2nd -6th
- August 9: DAC/DELAC Meeting/PTA Executive Board Meeting
- August 22: Garden Club Parent Informational Meeting
- August 23: PTA General Meeting
- August 31-Picture Day
Check out our learning for the past week!
It has been a wonderful first week with our students and we are looking forward to a great year. Please continue to have your child line-up on the blacktop before school. Please review our calendar of events for this week and all the learning that is taking place at Camarena thus far! Here is a peek of our Robo Learning!
Snapshot of the Week
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016: PTA General Meeting in MPR (6:00 p.m.)
- Friday, July 29, 2016: Minimum Day
August 9: DAC/DELAC Meeting
August 11: Bus Evacuation Assembly
Please join your neighbors and the Winding Walk community for a Neighborhood Watch Meeting with the Chula Vista Police Department. The meeting with be Thursday, July 14, 2016 at the Winding Oaks Clubhouse at 6:00 p.m. Let’s work together to ensure our neighborhood is optimal for our kids.
Our offices are now open for the school year. If you need to register your child or verify your residency, please stop by our front office Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m-4:00 p.m. If you have any further questions about the school year, please feel free to call or stop by the office.
We hope all of you are enjoying a fun-filled summer break with your kids. As the new school year approaches, many of you are anticipating who your child’s new teacher will be for the year. We will be posting the new classroom rosters on Friday, July 15 at 4:00 p.m. Upon finding out your child’s new teacher, you will also notice a time for each grade back to school informational meeting. The back to school informational meeting times are also listed below:
- Kindergarten Monday, July 18, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room
- 1st Grade Wednesday, July 20, 2016 @ 1:30 p.m. in your child’s classroom
- 2nd Grade Wednesday, July 20, 2016 @ 2:30 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room
- 3rd Grade Tuesday, July 19, 2016 @ 5:00 p.m. in your child’s classroom
- 4th Grade Tuesday, July 19, 2016 @ 4:00 p.m. in your child’s classroom
- 5th Grade Monday, July 18, 2016 @ 4:00 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room
- 6th Grade Monday, July 18, 2016 @ 5:00 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room
Our offices are now open for the school year, please feel free to call or stop by with any questions.