Registration Procedures

Registration for Kindergarten and New Students

February 27th is the day to register your child in Camarena Elementary if you have an entering Kindergarten students OR your child has been attending a school outside the Chula Vista Elementary School District (CVESD).  Please join us on February 20th at 6:00 PM at Wolf Canyon Auditorium to clarify the procedures for registration.

Also, if you are a Camarena resident student AND you are currently enrolled in a Chula Vista Elementary School District you will be included in the lottery for Dual Immersion IF you turn in your Student Enrollment Survey by February 27th.

Any new student registered after February 27th or continuing CVESD student informing us after February 27th will be considered for Dual Immersion on a first come-first served basis.

1. Ilana

I turned in a survey at the original information meeting back in November. How can we confirm that it was indeed received? As we know, sometimes things get lost in the shuffle.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

Yes, I can confirm that if you provide me the name of your child. You can send to my email: daniel.winters@cvesd.org.

2. greg

Do students that are zoned to Camarena from other elementary schools need to fill out any sort of registration packets. If so, where do we get them and when are they due. Also to be clear, can you provide more information on how the dual immersion curriculum will work.

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

If you are enrolled in the Chula Vista Elementary School District, you only need to fill out the Student Enrollment Survey and turn into your current school of attendance. As for DI curriculum, I’m working on a FAQ page that will be posted shortly.

3. Amy Marcial

If you have a child on a ZT to another school because they are in the Dual Immersion program already will they be given priority or will they have to be part of the lottery? I would hate to think my child would not be able to continue in the DI program at his home school because his number dodn’t get picked. Also, is this for all grades? Thank you!!

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

Both these questions will be answered in my FAQ – Dual Immersion post which is coming shortly… Stay tuned

4. Ianne

Sorry if this is a redundant question, but the registration process is a little unclear to me. I just went to Wolf Canyon this week and asked the clerk if I needed to fill out another registration packet for my daughter if she will be attending Camarena next year as a first grader. My daughter is currently a zone transfer student at Veterans, and she is in the kinder DI program, so she is definitely enrolled in the CVESD. Do I need to fill out another registration packet specifically for Camarena? I have already filled out the Student Enrollment Survey with interest in the DI program, specifically 1st grade, which I sent in weeks ago to the district office.

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

In your situation the Student Enrollment form is sufficient. Isabella will be enrolled in Camarena.

5. Erika Ibarra

Hi, I have a question about the registration, Where, at what time it will be?

Have a good day / Feliz Dia!

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

Registration will be at Wolf Canyon Elementary starting at 8:00 AM. At the Registration Meeting on February 20th (6:00 PM), we will discuss the details of Registration Day.

6. Isabel

Hello, if I did not turn in the survey is it too late now? I am trying to downloaded and I can’t. How can I go about getting another one?

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

It is NOT too late. I will e-mail you one immediately.

7. ckg83

Sir is there a link we can download the paperwork for registration? I have 2 packets to fill out and would like to do this ahead of time before the 27th if at all possible? Also we are transferring from San Ysidro School district as we recently purchased a home by the new school; both my kids are thriving in the dual language program there…is the demand huge and do my kids even have a chance?

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

The paperwork for registration needs to be picked up at the school (Wolf Canyon Elementary). You will have just as good a chance as any other family in the community. What grades are your children entering next year?

1. ckg83

My children will be in first and second grade for 2013-14 school year sir.

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

Your children will have as good a chance as any. We are doing enrollment by appointment. Please advise me on your available time on that date? We have 11:00, 11:30, 12:00 and 12:30

1. ckg83

1100 please

8. Ayme Ocampo

I am sorry but was not able to attend yesterday’s meeting, but i heard K registration will be by appointment, how can i sign up for the appointment

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

Please call Salt Creek Elementary and ask for available appointments for Camarena Registration 619-397-5494. Thank you

9. DJ

Hello, I was not aware of the meeting on the 20th 🙁 My child will be entering kindergarten in the next school year. We live in the zone for Camarena. My question is, what happens if I am unable to attend registration 27th? Will there be any other opportunities to register and will my son still be able to attend this school? Thank you.

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

Yes indeed. You can bring in the paperwork to Wolf Canyon anytime after February 27th. I’m confident there is space for your child.

10. Nancy Endoso

My son is in going to be going to kinder and he is in the zone for Camerena, I was not able to attend the meeting on 2.20.2013. I thought that the registeration for Camerena was a walk in basis on 2.27.2013, I took off the day all day, if I have to make an appt can I make one now or are they all full? Is it still at the Wolf Canyon from 8 to 1pm?

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

Please call Salt Creek Elementary on Monday 619-397-5494. The staff will gladly provide you with an appointment so you don’t need to wait in line for hours on Wednesday. Thanks

11. linda

Son currently aKindergartener at Hedenkamp. We will be moving to a house probably in June, zoned for Camarena. Can I register my son in June for 1st grade and get a guaranteed spot?

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

You can definitely register your child in June for Camarena. There should be space, however I cannot predict with 100% certainty that there will be spaces in June, however based on current trends and information it looks highly likely that there will be space at that time.

12. JPH

Hello! Just to clarify, my daughter is in 2nd grade at Wolf Canyon and we live in Camarena’s zone. We already filled out the survey for the 2013-14 school year. Is the survey sufficient for her enrollment at Camarena?

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

That survey is all you need. We will contact you in the spring for residency.

13. JP

Will you be accepting zone transfers for DI for the 2013/14 school year?

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

That will be determined once we have verified enrollment in all Camarena families – most likely in the middle of April.

1. JP

Thank you.

14. carmen

What will the school hours be…..8:45-3:15- like Wolf Canyon?

8:15 – 2:45
      8:15 – 1:15 (Modified Days)

15. carmen

Thank you.

16. JP

Will the curriculum at Camarena be project based learning, similar to High Tech. Id so, Will the dual immersion program be project based as well?

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

Our focus will be digital literacy in a problem based environment. We will combine the best elements of quality literacy instruction with the authentic work of Project Based Learning. This approach will be embedded in our English and Dual Immersion programs

17. Sara McCormick

We just moved into the area and I need to get my daughter enrolled but am having a hard time figuring out how to go about it??! Is there a number I can call?

Yes indeed. Please call 591-5500. Thank you

18. Elita

We are moving to San Diego from Seattle, Wa in December 2013 and our townhome is assigned to Camarena school. I want to make sure my kids are registered to a school before the new year. My daughter is currently in kindergarten and my son in 5th grade. What do we need in order to get in and register to your school? Thank you!

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

Thanks for checking in! We look forward to your arrival in the new year. Please contact our school for all the registration procedures at your convenience. 619-591-5500

1. Elita

I appreciate your quick reply. I do have a few more question to ask you. We are in town right now and will be stopping by at your school in the morning. Is there a way to register the kids same day and are there room for my kids at your school (kinder and 5th grader)? Thanks!

19. Barb

Hi! My daughter will be enrolling in kindergarten for the 2014-2015 school year and we are residents in the Camarena school area. When is registration open for the upcoming school year? Thanks!

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

Greetings – We will be sending out registration information the week we come back (week of January 13th). Please stay tuned here for those details.

20. kaysie williams

Hi there! My family had prior engagements during the Feb. 27th registration date. I am reading through this thread and am a little confused. We are in the Camarena Zone and I was wondering what steps do I need to take at this point to enroll my daughter for kindergarten such as where to pick up an enrollment packet, when to turn it in, who to call for a registration appointment, etc. Thanks in advance.

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

I’m sorry you found a post from a previous year. Our registration day is March 11 this year and you can pick up a packet any day before then at 1650 Exploration Falls. You can also call 591-5500 for more details. It’s imperative that you pick up a packet to get an appointment before March 11. Thank you .

21. angelica

Hi, I was wondering where are the camarena school areas in order to stay for this school or is there a zone transfer?

1. danwinters12 (Post author)

You can contact the school office 591-5500 to get all the streets that are in our boundaries.