PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
Our Spring Parent Teacher Conferences begin Thursday, March 8 and end Thursday, March 16. Please make every effort to attend the scheduled conference to discuss your child’s progress. Our teachers and students will share very important information and you will have an opportunity to ask questions about your child’s progress this school year. For more information about Parent Teacher Conferences please click on CONFERENCES.
Please remember that all 1st-6th grade students are dismissed at 1:45 p.m. throughout the conference schedule. Kindergarten students will attend from 8:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. each day from March 9 through March 16. Please make appropriate arrangements for pick up with our modified schedule.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR THIS WEEK
You can support teachers and students by purchasing books at the book fair this week, March 5-9.
The Scholastic Book Fair offers a great selection of engaging and affordable books at every reading level. The profits of the fair will go directly back to Camarena classrooms and our library. Don’t forget to stop by this week!
LOCAL CONTROL ACCOUNTABILITY PLAN INPUT
Staff and parents received emails this week encouraging them to participate in the “Star” phase of the Spring 2018 ThoughtExchange community engagement. This phase allows participants to review the thoughts of others and add “stars” next to the ones which align to their thinking. This process helps us, as a school and district, have a better understanding of the issues and priorities. The “Star” phase will close March 16. Community members and students have an opportunity to self-register via the district’s website to participate in the “Star” phase by clicking here.
MONTH OF THE MILITARY CHILD PLANNING MEETING
April is the Month of the Military Child. This awareness month was established to underscore the important role children play in the Armed Forces community. This week we will begin planning for our month of activities to honor and celebrate our military families. If you would like to participate in the planning, please join us on Thursday, March 8 at 8:30 a.m. or 5:30 p.m. in the multi-purpose room.
DISTRICT SAFETY FORUM
As school districts refine and enhance safety procedures, national movements are also taking place to address school shootings, whether through increased gun control, mental
health funding, or both. National groups and other organizers are also encouraging “students, teachers and their allies” to walk out of schools in March to protest gun violence.
In Chula Vista, we are hosting a school safety forum at 6 p.m. Monday, March 12 at Enrique S. Camarena Elementary School in collaboration with the Chula Vista Police Department. A flyer will go out next week with additional details. If you have middle or high school age students, you may also be interested in attending a school safety forum at 6 p.m. Monday, March 5 at Chula Vista High School.
Registration for all new students is happening now. Please be sure to stop by the office to register any new students. Also, now is the time to submit any zone transfer paperwork you may have for the 2018-2019 school year. We accept paperwork for registration from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm daily. Please contact our office at 619-591-5500 if you have any questions about the registration process.
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, March 5, 2018: Book Fair Begins/Weekly Walk to School at Guadalupe & Crossroads (7:50 am)/Robo Rally (8:15 a.m.)/ELPAC Testing for 2nd Grade Begins)/Girls Basketball Team vs. Halecrest Roadrunners at Sweetwater High School (5:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018: DAC/DELAC Meeting (12:00 p.m.)/Junior Coed Soccer Team vs. Liberty Legends @ Liberty (4:00 pm)
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018:Coed Basketball Team vs. Parkview Panthers at Parkview (4:00 p.m.)/Coed Basketball Team vs. Palomar Panthers at Camarena (4:00 p.m.)/Boys Basketball Team vs. McMillin Beagles at Camarena (4:00 p.m.)/District Board Report (6:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, March 8, 2018: School: Parent Conferences Begin/ Earthquake Drill (9:55 a.m.)/Coed Soccer Team vs. Clear View Voyagers at Clearview (4:00 p.m.)/ Month of the Military Child Planning Meeting (8:30 a.m./5:30 p.m.)
- Friday, March 9, 2018: Book Fair Ends/Girls Basketball Team vs. Castillas at Camarena (3:45 p.m.)/ PTA Family Movie Night
- March 12: District Safety Forum
- March 15: Variety Show
- March 15:Parent Conferences End
- March 16: Weekly Walk to School at Dragonfly & Exploration Falls
- March 19-March 30: Spring Break
- April 2: Teachers & Students Return
Our Robos have a lot to proud of this past week, check it out here!