Wait… don’t delete this post right away. You can make a difference in a very simple way and we’ve got an offer to boot!. Our next book fair is next week. We are in need of parent volunteers. PTA would like to offer the following:
For every hour a parent volunteers, the classroom teacher will earn $5 per hour towards any book purchase. This means more books for all of our students. Here is the schedule:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - all regular schedule days
Morning hours 7:45 to 9:00
Afternoon hours2:30 to 3:45
Thursday - minimum schedule
ALL DAY, 7:45 to 3:00.
Please contact Jennifer Thompson @ email@example.com if you are interested. This will be on a first come basis. She will let us know if we have reached a max on parent volunteers.
If your child would like to be a part of our Garden Club and Garden Leadership Team, please have them fill these out and turn in to their teacher:
Student Leadership Team application
Garden Club application
New Student Registration is Wednesday, March 5. Here is a map of our attendance boundaries and a list of streets that fall within the Camarena Elementary School boundaries.
Well, actually they aren’t exactly secrets, however sometimes folks miss the fine print and show up on registration day without the right documents and paperwork. Follow these simple guidelines and your registration experience will be so much better than a trip to the DMV.
1. Make sure you have an appointment or you could be waiting for several hours. (591-5500) We do registration by appointment so that parents can plan for this event without losing a full day of their lives. Our goal is to get everyone in and out in 30 minutes.
2. Bring ORIGINAL documents. We will make copies as needed.
3. Bring child’s Birth Certificate.
4. Bring up-t0-date Immunizations (4 Polio, 5 DTP, 2 MMR, 3 Hepatitis B, 1 Varicella) .
5. For Verification of Residency – NO PAST DUE BILLS will be accepted (Sorry, it’s the law).
6. Only parents and legal guardians may register students and parent/legal guardian identification card with a picture (government issued ID) is required.
If you follow these simple steps, your day will be able to get in and out quickly and enjoy a productive rest of your day. Don’t hesitate to call the office for Mrs. Norma Beltran for any lingering questions.
Greetings Parents: You have three more days to complete the Hanover surveys. These annual events help us find out what’s working and what we can do better at Camarena and the CVESD.
Today Camarena conducted an emergency drill as part of our ongoing effort to promote the safety of our students and staff. If this had been a real emergency requiring reunification of students and parents the reunification process on or off campus would require the following:
1. Students will only be released to parents or individuals listed on the student’s emergency card.
2. Parents or individuals listed on the student’s emergency card will be required to show picture identification.
3. After proper identification, parents or individuals listed on the student’s emergency card will be required to sign out their student(s).
4. Next destination of student(s) will be requested in case the other parent/guardian arrives later to sign out the student(s) and is unable to communicate with the first parent/guardian.
You will receive a phone call through SchoolMessenger if reunification is necessary.